Our client, a world class petro chemical company, has need for Intermediate Project Engineer to work out of their facility located in Mississauga, Ontario.
Lubricants Centre Engineering
Overview of work area location, objectives, purpose or service offering. Brief description of job and how it fits into the organization.
Reporting to the Team Leader Project Engineering the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of capital and expense projects in a lubricants refinery. Responsibilities will include project coordination from scoping through to commissioning as well as input to budget preparation.
Results of the work (either individual or group) for which the organization holds the position answerable.
• Planning and execution of projects (within schedule and budget) meeting all design objectives.
• Tracking and reporting of project status.
• Close coordination of projects with construction and user groups.
• Ensuring that safety in design guidelines and management of change procedures are followed.
• Providing guidance to design group ensuring company and industry standards are met.
• Providing technical support to unit areas and plant engineers.
An area of knowledge (skill or attribute that is necessary to do the work) /
Specific Functional/Technical Skills (Effective and appropriate application of knowledge, understanding or judgement)
• Engineering degree (Mechanical, Chemical)
• Professional Engineer
• 3 - 10 years post-graduate experience in a refinery environment and/or petrochemical experience, with a focus on project execution
• Thorough understanding of key industry standards, e.g. ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.3.
• Detailed knowledge of refinery operations.
• Previous successful project experience.
Knowledge (Facts of information necessary for performing the work)/Attributes (a characteristic or trait that is inherent in the individual or acquired over a long period of development)
• Proven leadership and people management skills
• Advanced problem-solving skills
• Ability to prepare, monitor and execute plans
• Self managed, decisive and results focused
• Advanced communication skills with the ability to achieve consensus
• Non-authoritative leadership skills in dealing with refinery and project stakeholders
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, autocad & engineering tools)
• Works well in team environment