Intermediate Process Engineer
View Printable Version
Our client, a world class petro chemical company, has need for Intermediate Process Engineer to work out of their facility located in Mississauga, Ontario.
The Intermediate Process Engineer reports to the Process Engineering team leader within the Central Engineering group at the Lubricants Refinery. This role is intended to bring strong process engineering leadership, technical knowledge, capability and excellence in design so that process development may be executed in a timely manner to allow successful project implementation. This role also identifies opportunities for plant processing improvements.
• Execution of process design and responsibility for varied engineering assignments requiring good
understanding of process engineering standards and principles.
• Supply of technical knowledge and excellence in process engineering design, process evaluation and project
• Evaluation of issues in safety, unit and equipment performance and involvement in hazard analysis and
operability project reviews.
• Expert troubleshooting of ongoing refinery operational issues and development of solutions.
• Development of process engineering scope and aspects associated with Design Basis Memorandum
packages for use by refinery project engineers.
Capability Requirements/Specific Functional/Technical Skills
• Chemical Engineering Degree from an accredited University
• Professional Engineer
• 3 - 10 years experience
• Experience within refining or petrochemical industry
• Proficiency in Process design, analysis, troubleshooting, optimization and active in investigation of
• Fully competent in all standards techniques and procedures and able to use advanced design and analysis
software tools to conduct analyses and develop recommendations (HYSIS)
• Self managed, decisive and results focused
• Ability to prepare, monitor and execute plans
• Ability to contribute strongly in a team environment using strong interpersonal, communication (written,
spoken, and listening), analytical and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to provide technical leadership in identifying and assessing new or modified technologies or
applications to address issues or captures opportunities.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, & engineering tools)
• Advanced problem solving skills
To apply for this position please email a formatted (MS Word file preferred) copy of your resume to email@example.com.