LOADS & DYNAMICS ENGINEER
(View printable version)
Our client, a leader in the aerospace industry, has an immediate opening for a Loads & Dynamics Engineer, in the Core Technical Engineering Department . As a member of the Loads and Dynamics Group, you will function as a technical resource for Analysis, Testing and Documentation in the areas of Structural Dynamics and Aero(servo)elastic Stability as applicable to the design, development, certification, production and fleet-service of commercial aircraft.
Develop and modify discretized aeroelastic models of aircraft configurations, employing commercial software such as NASTRAN and PATRAN.
Perform structural-dynamic and (aeroelastic) Flutter/Divergence analyses
required for the certification and maintenance of commercial aircraft.
Develop, use and maintain in-house software and methods.
Interface with other In-House Disciplines and External Partners/Suppliers and ensure efficient data-flow and decision-making.
Prepare Technical Reports, Test Plans, Requirements Documents, Work Statements and Cost Estimates.
Keep abreast of Regulatory Requirements and advances in the state of the art.
Participate in the planning and execution of ground-vibration tests, flight-flutter tests and model-correlation; work with LMS software
- This position is at an Intermediate level in Core Technical Engineering.
- The applicant will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- The applicant will have 5-8 years of relevant experience and possess an adequate background in structural mechanics, aerodynamics and structural modeling.
- Proficiency in preparing technical reports and presentations via office-software is a pre-requisite.
- Experience in NASTRAN-based dynamic, aeroelastic analysis and PATRAN Pre/Post-processing is expected.
- Basic understanding of aircraft structures/systems and familiarity with airworthiness regulations are desirable.
- Previous exposure to ground-based vibration testing, flight-flutter testing and data-reduction is an asset.
- Some travel to Montreal will be required.