FLIGHT SCIENCES ENGINEER
(View printable version)
Our client, a leader in the aerospace industry, has an immediate opening for a Flight Sciences Engineer, in the Core Technical Engineering Department . As a member of the Flight Sciences Group, you will function as a technical resource for analysis, testing and documentation in Flight Dynamics, Stability and Control, and Flight Simulation, as applicable to the design, development, certification, production and fleet-service of regional and business aircraft
Conduct Stability & Control analyses using in-house software.
Support the development and modifications to dynamic flight simulation models.
Provide support to production and production flight-test for aerodynamic and aircraft handling related issues and non-conformances.
Participate in the planning and execution of flight tests.
Participate in the planning and execution of wind tunnel tests.
Develop, use and maintain in-house software and methods.
Interface with other internal disciplines and external partners/suppliers to ensure efficient data-flow and decision-making.
Prepare Technical Reports, Test Plans, Requirements Documents, Work Statements and Cost Estimates.
Perform analyses and write reports that demonstrate aircraft compliance to airworthiness regulations.
Keep abreast of advances in the state of the art and in Regulatory Requirements.
- This position is at an intermediate to senior level in Core Technical Engineering.
- The applicant will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- The applicant will have 5-10 years of specialization in aircraft flight dynamics, stability and control, aircraft handling, and flight simulation.
- Previous experience with FORTRAN and/or C and/or C++ programming, and the UNIX operating system is required.
- Experience with dynamic flight simulations using commercial codes such as MATLAB/Simulink or MATRIXx is required.
- A good understanding of aerodynamics, aeroelasticity, aircraft design, and aircraft performance are expected.
- A thorough understanding of aircraft structures/systems and familiarity with airworthiness regulations is desirable.
- Proficiency in preparing technical reports and presentations via office-software is a pre-requisite.